Olongapo SubicBay BatangGapo Newscenter

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Post Election Open Letter to the People of Zambales

Press release from Ramon Lacbain II

Dear Fellow Zambalenos,

I am overwhelmed by the many greetings of congratulations both on-line and through mobile phone that I am receiving from many people believing that I am elected as Congressman of the 1st District of Zambales. These many greetings make me want to believe that I won but the official record of COMELEC say otherwise. Here’s the record of the COMELEC from the three towns of the 1st District of Zambales -

FINAL COMELEC COUNT Subic Castillejos San Marcelino Total MAGSAYSAY 11,392 7,935 7,365 26,692 LACBAIN 12,028 5,767 2,847 20,642 DIFFERENCE 6,050

The partial PPCRV QUICK COUNT in Olongapo City basing from 530 precincts ­ LACBAIN is 30,749 while MITOS is 37,128 or a difference of 6,379 as 1:30 p.m.

With this trend, I have to accept my defeat and believe that this is the will of our Almighty Lord. I am accepting the Lord’s will with all my heart, my soul and mind.

I lost heavily in the towns of Castillejos (2,100 lead of Mitos) and in San Marcelino (4,500 lead of Mitos) because of the lack of financial resources to mobilize my own watchers both at the precinct and canvassing level as well as to mobilize Barangay Coordinators in these towns to help me in the campaign.

I just relied on my two 5-member teams to do their respective house-to-house activity to distribute my leaflets to the houses in all barangays in the towns of Castillejos and San Marcelino. Thank you to Engr. Gener Ligsay for taking charge of San Marcelino. Thank you to Mayor Wilma Billman who is our (winning) candidate for Mayor in Castillejos for endorsing my candidacy in their day-to-day/night activities.

In Subic, I won by a very small lead over Mitos of 639 votes only. This is unbelievable. During the past three elections that I run for vice governor, I always get 19,000 votes and a lead of 9,000 over my closest opponent. I only got 11,000 votes for this time.

You may have an idea of why this happened in my own town of Subic with Vic Magsaysay, JV Magsaysay, Mitos Mgsaysay and our uncontested Mayor Khonghun doing everything within their powers and money to make sure that I will loss in my own town but thank God at least I won in Subic even with 639 votes lead.

The lack of financial resources prevented me from mobilizing supporters and implementing all my campaign plans and strategies to win this election. I know how I can win this election basing from my 22 years of experience in the provincial government and my 5-time experience of winning elections in Zambales as board member and vice governor.

I never talked to any Barangay Captain or to any Barangay Official in the 3 towns of Zambales because I know their support is for the Magsaysay candidates for obvious reason and I know I don't have the resources to get their support. I just relied on my strong faith in the ability of Zambalenos to make the right choice.

But my 22 years of experience in the provincial government, my clean, honest, dedicated and good track record, my clear vision and program of government are not enough to win this election for congressman. You need political machinery and the financial resources to operate it. (Although I would have won if only I got the support of the Iglesia Ni Kristo).

But honestly I have no ill feelings despite this defeat because I am putting my strong faith in God. My life came from Him and so wherever He wants me to serve Him I shall obey.

“In choosing our vocation (which is to serve), what matter is not what we want, but rather what God wants for us” as this saying goes. “The Lord God does not ask us to be successful, the Lord God asks us to be faithful”, as another saying goes.

I have served Zambales during the last 22 years (more than half) of my life with all honesty and integrity even when I have to sacrifice my own personal needs as well as the needs of my family. I shall retire from Zambales politics with a happy heart and contended mind that I am leaving the provincial government with Governor Amor Deloso and Vice Governor Anne Gordon at the helm. I just wish that they will do everything within their power and resources to change the lives of many poor Zambalenos.

Congratulations to Governor Amor Deloso, Vice Governor Anne Gordon, Congresswoman Mitos Magsaysay and to Congressman Antonio Diaz, may you serve Zambales well and I will just be here watching for now and also serving in my own little way.

Thank you to all the people who have supported me in this fight for congressional seat ­ to Sen. Dick and former Mayor Kate Gordon, to Mayor Bong Gordon and the whole Gordon Team, to my fellow candidates from Subic, my wife Mae and children Maera and Laura, my relatives and friends, to all those who contributed both money, time and other resources for my candidacy, to all those who gave me their trust through their ballots and to our Almighty Lord for this chance to offer myself as candidate for congressman - thank you so much.

Very truly yours,

RAMON G. LACBAIN II

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

This is a joint private blog of volunteers from Subic Bay. It is being maintained primarily to collate articles that may be of importance to decision making related to the future of Subic Bay and as a source of reference material to construct the history of Subic Bay.

The articles herein posted remains the sole property of original authors and publications which has full credits to the articles.

Disclaimer: Readers should conduct their own research and due diligence before using any article herein posted for whatever intended purpose it may be. This private web log will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a reader's reliance on information obtained from volunteers of this private blog.

www.subicbay.ph, http://olongapo-subic.com, http://sangunian.com, http://olongapo-ph.com, http://oictv.com, http://brgy-ph.com, http://subicbay-news.com, http://batanggapo.com 16 January 2012